December 30, 2019
Bad Cops Videos

Reporting Police Misconduct in Victoria

Go To Court Lawyers’s Police Video

Reporting Police Misconduct in Victoria

LEGAL HOTLINE: 1300 636 846, 7am to Midnight, 7 days
Get a Good Lawyer. Fast.

Reports of police misconduct in Victoria can be made against officers in the police force as well as protective service officers (PSOs), public service employees of Victoria Police who work in administrative and professional roles, and police officers in training.

Police misconduct in Victoria is defined in the Victoria Police Act 2013 and the IBACA to include:

* the failure or refusal to perform duties
* behaving disgracefully or improperly whether on or off duty
* discrediting Victoria Police
* lessening public confidence in Victoria Police, or
* committing an offence which carries a jail term.

When making a complaint, please ensure you include all known details, such as:
* your name and contact details
* the name or names of any officer(s) or associated persons involved and their station
* the names of any witnesses and their contact details
* where and when the incident occurred
* what happened – try to give as much detail as possible
* any photos or documents you have to support your complaint, like photos of your injuries or invoices for damage
* the result you want from your complaint, such as an apology or reimbursement for damage.

Make sure you sign your complaint if you are putting it in writing and keep a copy of it.

Read more: Reporting Police Misconduct in Victoria, Link:

Here’s why people select Go To Court Lawyers:
* Guaranteed availability
* Simple, upfront rates – no hidden costs
* Experienced lawyers with solid track record
* Expert advice and strong representation

Get a Good Victorian Lawyer. Fast.
LEGAL HOTLINE: 1300 636 846, 7am to Midnight, 7 days


Go To Court Lawyers

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *